Welcome to the Columbus PTO!
As parents, we know that you value your child's education and school experience. PTO offers parents and teachers another opportunity to interact for the benefit of your children, school and community.
The Columbus PTO sponsors many activities at the school. We host Third Grade Ice Cream Social, Snowball Dance, Book Fairs and a Trivia Night. We sponsor classroom and curriculum support. We also support Accelerated Reader programs, Scholastic News, Field Day, Science Fair and Young Authors, Homework Trackers and many other school needs or events.
All of this is made possible by the generous support of our school family. Move for Your School is the primary fundraising event. The children are actively involved. It's held each year in the Fall. Trivia Night and Box Tops are also used for fundraising. Additionally, Volunteers and/or donations are needed throughout the year to support all of these events.
We know that your time is valuable. We host four meetings each school year. The meetings are limited to one hour. Each meeting includes an update from a classroom grade or teacher group. The meetings are a great opportunity to hear about recent and upcoming events. They're open to all parents and staff at Columbus. Please join us!
School Website: http://www.ecusd7.org/columbus/
PTO Mission Statement
The organization is dedicated to the purpose of supporting the education and the educational experience of the children at Columbus Elementary School. To fulfill this purpose, the organization shall:
1) Raise and expend funds to enhance and improve the educational quality of Columbus Elementary School, including, but not limited to, financial support to classroom teachers, purchase of books and materials, procurement of educational assemblies and development and promotion of after-school enrichment programs
2) Sponsor projects and events for the benefit of Columbus Elementary students
3) Strive to achieve a closer working relationship between teachers, parents and community so that parents, administrators and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of the students
4) Keep abreast of local district objectives, and be better informed regarding local school issues
5) Bring areas of concern to the principal and/or district school Board and administration
6) Encourage a positive, supportive atmosphere to enhance students’ educational and extracurricular experiences.